You’re expanding your business or the urge to expand is strong. How to prepare for new segments of markets to obtain, invest in innovation or digitalize your company? Every expansion comes with rearranging jobs: hiring new people or adding skilled employment to the current team. So how do you know what people you need?
Mapping skilled employment
Start with the why. Determine what type of skilled employment is lacking to be able to build your company’s progress. Do research on what kind of skills will be needed in your new market segment. Does your company already possess these profiles and are these people willing to focus on the new market segment? Do they have what it takes to do their new jobs? Do they have a strong focus on expanding the business, are they willing to learn the skills that are necessary to execute the new job?
If you’re not sure if you’ve got the right profiles in your team, here’s a checklist to help you determine whether or not you do:
Importance of skill development
Questions for the person with a possible match for the profile you’re looking for:
- How would you describe your own career progress?
- What skills that you’ve learned are the most valuable for yourself?
- What responsibilities of your job cause a lot of stress?
- Which ones do you not even question?
- What are you good at?
- What do other people think you’re good at?
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- What would you like to get better at?
- What are you not that good at?
- What would you like to learn about to develop your career?
A shortage in skills is easy to overcome. There’s always a way to grow and attract the talented profiles you’re looking for. If you haven’t thought about nearshoring for your skills, now is the time. We believe that importance of skill development for your business and can go hand-in-hand.
Want to know more?